A home that meets your needs
Royal Roads University works with the Canada Homestay Network (CHN) so that we can find your perfect home away from home. To help us do this, we will first ask you to tell us about your lifestyle, interests and expectations. We will then be able to match you up with a home and family that is most suitable for you.
We want you to have the very best experience while living with a host family. CHN visits all families to make sure their homes are safe, clean and comfortable and that you will get the emotional care and support you need to succeed in your studies.
What living with a host family gives you
- A friendly and relaxing environment for you to live and study
- Time to practice your English language skills with your Canadian host family
- Opportunity to experience and feel a part of Canadian culture
- New friendships and memories that will last a lifetime
What your new home will have
- A furnished room with a window
- A bed with clean linen – pillow, sheets and blankets
- Private storage for your personal items
- Access to a shared bathroom with your own clean towels
- A quiet place to study, usually in your own room
If you are aged 19 or over and want to live independently, the Student Services at Royal Roads University can help you look or private accommodation, such as an apartment.