Watch this video to explore student life on campus and in Victoria
Enjoy your amazing campus
Royal Roads has a beautiful university campus and a small, friendly student community that will make you feel welcome from the day you arrive. Whether you want to enjoy the beautiful nature and fresh air, relax in your accommodation, try new sports or relax with friends over a coffee, there's a whole range of things for you to see and do on campus.
- Go on a free tour of Hatley Castle, the location for the X-Men movies, to learn how the rich and famous lived in the 1900s.
- Visit the beautiful, themed Japanese, Italian, Rose, Neptune, Woodland and Walled gardens.
- Discover 15 km of hiking trails where you can also get a free trail orientation with a member of the Recreation Centre Staff.
- Take a walk through the Hatley Forest and find some of the tallest firs and oldest specimens of maple trees in British Columbia.
- Walk along the beach and spot birds at the Esquimalt Lagoon. You can even spend the afternoon kayaking.
- Look out to the Pacific Ocean and see the beautiful United States Olympic mountain range in the background.
- Catch up with friends at the Habitat Cafe – there's a relaxed atmosphere and a range of food options to choose from.
- Send a postcard home from the Hatley Park Gift Shop where you can also buy study supplies.
- Explore the local area with banks, grocery stores, banks, post offices, cinemas, restaurants, pubs, coffee shops and more.
Discover the city of Victoria
Royal Roads University campus is just twenty minutes from downtown Victoria. The city is full of energy, with something for everyone to see and do.
- Experience the city’s energy and culture by visiting museums, watching theatre shows or joining in with festival celebrations.
- Discover a new outdoor sport or activity you love – try everything from golfing, skiing and snowboarding to whale watching or scuba diving.
- Learn about Victoria’s interesting history by taking a step back in time to visit the Craigdarroch Castle or the Royal British Columbia Museum.
- Try delicious food in relaxing cafés and restaurants around the city. You can eat food from Italy, Greece, France, India and China.
- Shop in department stores and local markets. Whether you're looking for a vintage coat, or a new phone, you will be able to find it in Victoria.
Explore new cities
Vancouver is 30 minutes from Victoria by plane, or 90 minutes by ferry. If you are feeling more adventurous, you can also travel to Seattle in the USA by plane or ferry.