Build your career
Our programs are designed to help you succeed in your career. Most of the degree programs at Royal Roads University include an internship that gives you the opportunity to gain work experience and take your education to the next level. You will be able to:
- Get a better understanding of your academic subject area
- Put your classroom learning into practice
- Find out what it is like to work in the real world
- Develop new skills such as project management and working in a team
- Boost your confidence and motivation to succeed
- Make contact with industry professionals who will be able to provide job references
Career advice and support
The Career Enhancement Services team at Royal Roads University offers a range of careers services.
They can help you with finding internships and work experience that suits you, career planning and advice, searching for jobs, writing successful resumes and covering letters, preparing for job interviews and professional networking.
You will also have access to the Symplicity online portal, where employers can look for students they want to employ, and where you can search for work opportunities that interest you.
Students with a study permit at Royal Roads University are usually eligible to work off-campus for up to 20 hours per week during the semester and full-time on regular breaks. Visit the Government of Canada website for more information.
POST-GRADUATION WORK PERMIT PROGRAM
Royal Roads University graduates may be eligible to apply for the Canadian post-graduation work permit program of up to 3 years to gain work experience and potentially obtain permanent residency in Canada.