Campus at Royal Roads University in Canada

Study Visa

Study in Canada

Find out how you can study in Canada, one of the safest and welcoming countries in the world.

Study Permit

If you meet the entry requirements and want to study a program at the International Study Centre, or a direct entry degree at Royal Roads University, you will need to apply for a Study Permit. Some students will also need to apply for a Temporary Resident Visa (TRV).

A Study Permit is an official document that enables international students (who are not Canadian citizen or permanent residents of Canada) to study in Canada. 

Temporary Resident Visa (TRV)

A TRV is an official document issued by a Canadian visa office. It is placed in your passport to show that you meet the requirements to enter Canada as a temporary resident. You will need a TRV only if your country is on the list of designated countries. A visa officer will process your application for a TRV at the same time as your study permit, so you do not need to apply separately.

Next start dates

  • Summer 2020: May 4, 2020
  • Fall 2020: September 14, 2020

We are closely monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. See our information for current students, or if your course has not yet started read our FAQs.