Student clubs and organizations
Royal Roads Student Association (RRUSA)
Representing all undergraduate students, RRUSA serves as a collective voice, liaises with the University on a variety of issues and provides ongoing activities, clubs and sporting events for students.
International and ESL Club
A student-run club designed to promote global awareness, integration and diversity on campus - as well as just have fun. Events include activities such as movie nights, dinners and language exchanges.
Students In Free Enterprise (SIFE)
SIFE Royal Roads is part of an international non-profit organization. This undergraduate club creates meaningful connections between business, academic and students, in order to advance Canadian entrepreneurship.
This running group meets at the RRU Recreation Centre and runs on the extensive network of campus trails.
Open to all students who enjoy music and want to sing together.
Real Estate Club
Explores the options of pursuing a career in real estate.
Start your own club!
As a student joining the international programs at Royal Roads University, you will be encouraged to participate in existing organizations, but also to share your passions with other international and Canadian students by pioneering a student club or starting a sports team.
Events enjoyed by Royal Roads University students over the last year include:
- picnic on the campus lawns
- IMAX Theatre trip
- Salmon Kings ice hockey game
- indoor rock climbing
- social nights at different restaurants
- Campus game and movie day
- pizza parties
- "WildPlay Element Parks" tree-top adventure
- Thanksgiving potluck dinner
- Halloween haunted walking tour of Victoria
- trip to the Opera
- movies at SilverCity Cinema
Sport and fitness
Campus Recreation Centre
All students receive free membership to the on-campus University Recreation Centre which offers many opportunities for fun and fitness:
- gymnasium and aerobics studio
- 2 squash courts
- weight room and cardio workout room (free weights, Keiser/Apex strength training, 30+ pieces of cardio equipment)
- tennis courts
- personal trainers available
Full schedule of fitness classes including yoga, Lighthouse Academy of Dance (tap, jazz, ballet, hip hop), Pole Trix, core/cardio strength, spin and boot camp.
Basketball, badminton, volleyball, indoor soccer, ping pong, squash, and floor hockey.
Juan de Fuca Recreation Centre
The public Juan de Fuca Recreation Centre, 2.5 km from the university campus, offers a discounted student rate to all Royal Roads University students. Facilities include:
Indoor swimming pool (link opens in a new window)
Open year round, this heated pool offers:
- 8 lane, 25 metre lap pool (home to 3 swim clubs and a triathlon training team)
- water fit classes such as Aqua Boot Camp
- 240 ft giant water slide
- 'not so lazy' river run
- large hot tub overlooking the golf course
- sauna and steam room
Ice Arena (link opens in a new window)
Juan de Fuca Arena is home to a figure skating club, ice hockey club, and lacrosse club:
- Public ice skating sessions
- registered lessons
- seats 950 people
- Winter Wonderland event every Christmas