Degree programs at Royal Roads University are designed to help you succeed in your chosen career, whether you want to work in your home country or Canada. Most degrees include an internship so that you can gain work experience that takes your education to the next level.
Internships enable you to:
- Find out what it is like to work in the real world
- Get a better understanding of your academic subject area
- Put your classroom learning into practice
- Develop new skills, such as teamwork and time management
Find out more about what practical degrees and internships can do for you.
As a full-time student at Royal Roads University you will be able to work off campus for up to 20 hours per week during the academic semester and full-time during scheduled breaks such as the winter, Easter and summer holidays.
Working is a great way to:
- Gain work experience that you can add to your résumé
- Learn new skills that are directly related to your future career
- Practice communicating in the English language
- Get helpful advice and job references from employers
Find out more about working while you study in Canada.
The Post-Graduation Work Permit (PGWPP) program gives graduates the opportunity to gain work experience in Canada. The permit may be issued for the length of your program, up to a maximum of three years. If you graduate from a three-year degree, you may be able to get a three-year work permit.
With the PGWPP you can:
- Develop professional skills, such as communication and leadership
- Make new contacts with industry professionals
- Boost your confidence and motivation to succeed
- Join Canada's welcoming and inclusive culture
Find out more about working in Canada once you graduate.