Campus at Royal Roads University in Canada

Application Help

Help with your online application

You should only use this online application form if you are applying directly to the International Study Centre. 

Please complete the application form in English.

Section 1 - select a program

Question Explanation
Level of degree you want to study? Please choose the level of degree you are applying for:
  • 'undergraduate' for a first degree - bachelor's program
  • 'graduate' for a second degree - master's program
Are you applying for the Pre-Master's program? If you selected 'graduate' in the question above, you will be asked if you need to study on the master's preparation program before your degree.
  • choose 'no' if you meet the master's degree English language requirements
  • choose 'ye' if you need to improve your English for master's study
Do you require English for Academic Purposes before your program? If you need to improve your English before your undergraduate degree or Pre-Master's Program, choose 'yes'. If you're not sure, choose 'don't know yet'.
Your final program of study will be determined by the results of your English test after arrival at Royal Roads University.

Section 2 - student details

Question Explanation
Primary language of education Select the language in which the majority of your classes were taught at the schools and universities you have attended.
Do you currently hold a valid visa to study in Canada? If you are already studying in Canada, your visa/study permit will need to be transferred to Royal Roads University. Please send a copy of your visa/study permit.

Section 3 - parent/guardian details

Do not enter your own contact details!

If you are under 18 years old when you apply for Royal Roads University, provide contact details for a parent or legal guardian.

If you are over 18, provide details of the person who can be contacted in the case of an emergency when you are at University in Canada.

Question Explanation
Relationship to student How the person is connected to you, e.g. father, mother, brother, guardian

Section 4 - spouse and children

Enter details if your husband, wife, or children will stay with you in Canada when you are studying at Royal Roads University.

Question Explanation
Relationship to student How the person is connected to you, e.g. wife, husband, son, daughter

Section 5 - criminal/disciplinary record and insurance

Criminal and disciplinary record
If you answer 'yes' to either question about your criminal and disciplinary record, you must submit a full statement (in English) of relevant facts including the approximate date of the incident(s):

Health insurance
All students are required to be properly insured. StudyCare insurance will be automatically added to your booking unless proof of British Columbia's Medical Service Plan is provided. International students who are new to Canada will not have the Medical Service Plan, and are not able to join the plan immediately on arrival.

If you indicate that you are covered under the BC Medical Service Plan, you must email or fax a copy to us.

Section 6 - financial information and agreement

Financial information
We do not offer scholarships. You must have access to funds to pay for your study. To obtain a student visa/permit, you will be required to present financial documents to Canada Consular Office in your country to prove that you have enough money available to you.


Question Explanation
Agreement by the student As the person applying to become a student at Royal Roads University you should check this box to indicate that you agree to our Terms and Conditions of admission.
Agreement by the financial sponsor or fee payer The person responsible for paying your fees should make this agreement. Checking the box is the equivalent of signing the application form to formally declare to pay all fees as they become due, in accordance with our Terms and Conditions.
Agreement by the parent or guardian This box needs to be checked by your parent or guardian if you are under 18. Full details of the medical release authorization are given in the Terms and Conditions.

Section 7 - previous education and test results

Undergraduate applicants MUST send a copy of official transcripts for their final 3 years at High School. Graduate applicants MUST send a copy of their entire undergraduate university transcripts. Transcripts should be translated into English as necessary.

Certified originals of all transcripts and score reports will be required upon registration at the University.

Question Explanation
Type of school Beginning with High School (or Secondary School), give details of each education institution you attended.
Click the 'Add another row' button to give details of any institutions after High School.
If you continued to study after High School, but not on a degree program, choose 'Post Secondary' as the type of school.
Average grades/results/GPA Grade Point Average (GPA) is used in the Canadian education system to indicate level of academic achievement. A score is calculated on a scale of 0-4, with 0 being a fail and 4 being the highest grade. Use World Education Services' free grade conversion guide to compare the grading systems in your country with the North American GPA system, and enter your GPA equivalent into the box.
Qualification awarded Give the name of the High School Graduation Certificate you got when completing your studies, e.g.:
  • International Baccalaureate
  • HKCEE (Hong Kong)
  • Upper Middle School Graduation Certificate (China)
  • Certificate of Complete Secondary General Education (Russian Federation)
  • General Secondary Education Certificate (Saudi Arabia)
For Master's degree applicants, also tell us the name of the degree you were awarded, e.g. BA International Relations

Test scores

If you have taken any of the standard Canada University admission tests listed, select it from the drop down list:

Question Explanation
TOEFL/IELTS Royal Roads University accepts the standardized exams from TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) and IELTS (International English Language Testing System) as proof of English language proficiency. However, you do not need an official TOEFL or IELTS score to apply to the International Study Centre.
Password Royal Roads University accept this alternative to TOEFL or IELTS. You can take this English test for free at a Study Group or representative's office in your country. If you have already taken the Password test, tell us your score.
GMAT/GRE You do not need a GMAT (Graduate Management Admissions Test) or GRE (Graduate Record Exam) score for acceptance onto master's degrees. However, if you already have a GRE or GMAT score, tell us here.
SAT/ACT Standard University placement exams for American High School students. Tell us if you have taken one of these tests.

Section 8 - airport pickup and housing

Question Explanation
Do you require airport pickup on initial arrival?
For an extra fee, we will arrange for transport for you when you first arrive at Victoria airport. A private vehicle will take you from the airport directly to your accommodation. We recommend students use this pre-booked transport service, to ensure their safety and convenience on arrival in Canada.
Choose 'Yes' if you would like to book this transport.
Choose 'No' if you will make your own transport arrangements.
Select your accommodation preference: If you are over 19, you can choose between homestay (accommodation and meals in a local family home) or private housing (independently rented apartment or room). Select your preference. You can change your mind later if you are accepted into Royal Roads University.